The Sugar Headband is finished. I really like how it turned out. So much so that I want to make one for myself. This one is for my mother. She prefers headbands over hats. I think this will be stylish enough to wear with her outer wear.

Again the pattern is Sugar Headband designed by Julie Wilkens. It was very easy to understand and follow. It did involve stockinette knitted flat which meant purling so that slowed me down a bit. That is more about me than the pattern. So spoiled thanks to sock knitting. It was easy enough to memorize after a few rows. The wools I used were Holst Garn Super Soft (red) and an alpaca lace…whose label I do not have on hand (gray, held double). Both worked well together. The alpaca give the headband softness and Holst Garn gives it stability. I hope my mom likes it. Now I need to go through my stash to see what colors I want to use for myself.

The sock yarn I dyed up the other night was dried by yesterday afternoon and the sock was cast on late last night. We went on a long walk to do some holiday shopping this morning and I was able to work on it then. I did not get as far into it as I wanted for the day but I did manage to get another project off the needles in the meantime. I need to block that one first before I talk about it. Hopefully tomorrow.